Re: BRIN range operator class - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Emre Hasegeli
Subject Re: BRIN range operator class
Date
Re: BRIN range operator class  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
Re: BRIN range operator class  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
Re: BRIN range operator class  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
> From my point of view as a reviewer this patch set is very close to being
> committable.

Thank you.  The new versions are attached.

> - "operator classes store the union of the values in the indexed column" is
> not technically true. It stores something which covers all of the values.

I rephrased it as " operator classes store a value which includes the
values in the indexed column".

> - Missing space in "except box and point*/".

Fixed.

> = brin-inclusion-v06-07-remove-minmax-amprocs.patch
>
> Shouldn't this be merged with 02? Otherwise it looks good.

It doesn't have any relation with the 02-strategy-numbers.patch.
Maybe you mean 01-sql-level-support-functions.patch and
05-box-vs-point-operators.patch should be merged.  They can always be
committed together.

Attachment