Re: Bulk_insert in postgresql like Microsoft SQL server - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Devendra Yadav
Subject Re: Bulk_insert in postgresql like Microsoft SQL server
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hi David,

Thanks for the information David. I'll check that. We have most of our applications in Java and .net, if you can please highlight on these ?

Thanks,
Devendra Yadav

On Wed, Dec 19, 2018, 11:17 PM David G. Johnston <david.g.johnston@gmail.com wrote:
On Wed, Dec 19, 2018 at 10:29 AM Devendra Yadav <devendra.857@gmail.com> wrote:
> But the case is that, for it to happen it needs superuser permission which

It only requires superuser permission if you ask the server to COPY a
file from the local filesystem.  Developers and programs should be
using client libraries and feeding the data to be copied (in or out)
to the server via the connection (which, for the server, is a
stdin/stdout stream).  psql provides this via \copy - other libraries
have their own methods.

David J.