[pgadmin][patch] Electron version 4.X - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Joao De Almeida Pereira
Subject [pgadmin][patch] Electron version 4.X
Date
List pgadmin-hackers

Hi Hackers,

Attached you can find the patch that introduces electron to our code base.

What do we provide with this patch:

  • Start the pgAdmin server from Electron
  • When starting pgAdmin, the user is shown a window that tells them that pgAdmin is loading.
  • Once the server has started, the loading window disappears and opens pgAdmin in a window
  • Desktop user has the ability to open up new windows to work in.
  • When you close pgAdmin it properly shuts everything down.
  • Stop using copy of web folder for development
    `
    This is the initial patch for people to start paying around with the electron version. There might be things that are not working.
    What we know:
  • Logging is not working on windows
  • We are not packaging any pg_* executables
  • Consistent/Centralized versioning between Electron and pgAdmin Server

We generated builds for:

We added some instructions on how to build these 3 binaries in electron/Readme.md

Thanks
Joao

Attachment