[pgadmin4] Priorities of features - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Joao De Almeida Pereira
Subject [pgadmin4] Priorities of features
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi Hackers,

After the last month or something that I came back to this project I noticed that we put a lot of effort in making all these shortcuts configurable.
But I do not understand the driver for this push.

Do we have people complaining about the lack of shortcuts?
Are people complaining about the Key Combinations that we selected?
Do we have a clear idea of what the people that use pgAdmin want?

I would love to understand the driver for this. There is already a lot of code done for this, I know, but in my mind there are much more pressing issues in our code and feature wise that we need to address like:
- Code maintainability
- Continuous Integration
- Continuous delivery, more frequent releases in a automated way
- What happens when you have 500 tables
- What happens when you have 500 partitions in tables and so on.
- We need to understand what the Users from pgAdmin need

I would love to hear from the community to understand if we are creating a product that is easy to use for them and that brings them value. Also we need to grow the developer community for pgAdmin and that only happens when the application is maintainable and uses patterns that people understand easily without having to do hours and hours of code archeology to add a feature that is a bit more involved.

Thanks
Joao