[ADMIN] recreating point-in-time recovery when tables are in non-default tablespace - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Mark Steben
Subject [ADMIN] recreating point-in-time recovery when tables are in non-default tablespace
Date
Re: [ADMIN] recreating point-in-time recovery when tables are innon-default tablespace
List pgsql-admin
Good afternoon,

I have in the past been successful in creating a hot standby environment as all my tables were in one cluster on one disk. The base backup (I used tar) easily copied all tables and then the tar extract easily restored them on our standby server.  Since the last time this process was invoked I moved about 14 of these tables to a non-default tablespace on another disk (to alleviate space issues)  Now the base backup does NOT pick up these tables and I am getting errors on the restore side. Here is a copy the error:

: WARNING:  page 36107 of relation pg_tblspc/1057768125/PG_9.4_201409291/16469/2231796047 is uninitialized
Nov 14 13:46:20 ardbc01dr postgres[58399]: [572-2] @: CONTEXT:  xlog redo delete: index 1057768125/16469/2231796047; iblk 36107, heap 1663/16469/2202113342;
Nov 14 13:46:20 ardbc01dr postgres[58399]: [573-1] @: PANIC:  WAL contains references to invalid pages
Nov 14 13:46:20 ardbc01dr postgres[58399]: [573-2] @: CONTEXT:  xlog redo delete: index 1057768125/16469/2231796047; iblk 36107, heap 1663/16469/2202113342;
Nov 14 13:46:21 ardbc01dr postgres[58398]: [3-1] @: LOG:  startup process (PID 58399) was terminated by signal 6: Aborted

Am I out of luck here?  Do I need to somehow move these tables back to the original cluster?  Or is there another way?

Appreciate your time looking at this.

--
Mark Steben
 Database Administrator