Fwd: cannot login to psql without specifying host - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Mark Steben
Subject Fwd: cannot login to psql without specifying host
Date
Re: cannot login to psql without specifying host  (Craig James <cjames@emolecules.com>)
List pgsql-admin

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Mark Steben <mark.steben@drivedominion.com>

Good morning,
I run a postgres 9.4.8 standby server, replicating our production server.  I can login using our pguser linux login if I specify the host on the command line but cannot login if I leave the host off:

 psql -U postgres prime_production -p 5433 -h arprodpsqlreplication01
Password for user postgres:
psql (9.4.8)
Type "help" for help.

psql -U postgres prime_production -p 5433
psql: could not connect to server: No such file or directory

I have changed the UNIX_SOCKET_DIRECTORIES to something other than /tmp because we have another instance pointing to that directory. I restarted postgres.  Didn't help.  I have attached our 3 config files along with an ls -la listing of our database cluster directory.  Any insights welcome.

Thank you

--
Mark Steben
 Database Administrator