Re: 64-bit API for large object - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kohei KaiGai
Subject Re: 64-bit API for large object
Date
List pgsql-hackers
2012/9/21 Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@postgresql.org>:

>>> I thought pgPutInt64() takes care of endianness. No?
>>>
>> It works inside of the PGfn(), when isint = 1 towards pointer data type.
>> In my sense, it is a bit problem specific solution.
>>
>> So, I'd like to see other person's opinion here.
>
> I think we cannot change this because we want to keep the counter part
> backend side function pq_getmsgint64() as it is (the function is not
> part of the patch).

My opinion is lo_lseek64() and lo_tell64() should handle endian translation
prior and next to PQfn() invocation; to avoid the int64 specific case-handling
inside of PQfn() that can be called by other applications.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,
--
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@kaigai.gr.jp>