Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Case 120011521001709 - Issues connecting topostgreSQL server - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Keith Yanase
Subject Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Case 120011521001709 - Issues connecting topostgreSQL server
Date
List pgsql-odbc
The server only allows SSH tunneling. I’m able to establish the SSH tunnel with the command: ssh jupyter
but how do I tell psqlODBC to connect to that port?
I used pgAdmin 4 and was able to connect to the database, so I feel like I’m missing something basic.

I’m ultimately trying to import data from the server over SSH into Microsoft’s Power BI app using its native postgresql or odbc plugin.

On Sat, Jan 18, 2020 at 2:56 AM Clemens Ladisch <clemens@ladisch.de> wrote:
Keith Yanase wrote:
> I’m having difficulties connecting to our postgresql database through
> SSH tunneling when using the ODBC driver.

Do you mean SSH or SSL?

psqlODBC has no built-in support for SSH tunneling.

I would recommend to use SSL.  But if the server allows only SSH, then
you have to manually create an SSH tunnel with OpenSSH, and tell
psqlODBC to connect to that port on localhost.

> I’m able to connect to the database in DBeaver.

As far as I can see, DBeaver's SSH support is separate from the
database drivers, i.e., DBeaver creates the SSH tunnel by itself,
and then hands off that port to the database driver.

Regards,
Clemens