Re: gaussian distribution pgbench - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mitsumasa KONDO
Subject Re: gaussian distribution pgbench
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Nice drawing!

 * How about setting the variable as a float instead of integer? Would
seem more natural to me. At least as an option.

Which variable? The values set by setrandom are mostly used for primary
keys. We really want integers in a range.

I think he said threshold parameter. Threshold parameter is very sensitive
parameter, so we need to set double in threshold. I think that you can
consent it when you see attached picture.
Oh, sorry.. It is to Heikki. Not to you...

I'm sure that the threshold must be a double, but I thought it was already the case, because of atof, the static variables which are declared double, and the threshold function parameters which are declared double as well, and the putVariable uses a "%lf" format...
I think it's collect. When we get double argument in scanf(), we can use %lf format.

Possibly I'm missing something?
Sorry. I think nothing is missing.

regards,
--