Re: Ltree syntax improvement - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dmitry Belyavsky
Subject Re: Ltree syntax improvement
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Dear Alvaro,

On Mon, Jul 8, 2019 at 11:16 PM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On 2019-Jul-08, Dmitry Belyavsky wrote:

> Dear Thomas,
>
> Thank you for your proofreading!
>
> Please find the updated patch attached. It also contains the missing
> escaping.

I think all these functions you're adding should have a short sentence
explaining what it does.

I'm not really convinced that we need this much testing.  It seems a bit
excessive.  Many of these very focused test SQL lines could be removed
with no loss of coverage, and many of the others could be grouped into
one.

I did not introduce any functions. I've just changed the parser.
I'm not sure that it makes sense to remove any tests as most of them were written to catch really happened bugs during the implementation.

--
SY, Dmitry Belyavsky