Guideline To Resolve LWLock:SubtransControlLock - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Fred Habash
Subject Guideline To Resolve LWLock:SubtransControlLock
Date
List pgsql-performance
One of our database API's is run concurrently by near 40 sessions. We see all of them waiting back and forth on this wait state.

There is one scenario described in some forum where sessions connected a read-only replica are affected. This does not apply to our use case.

Why is it called Subtrans Control Lock?
What are the common user session scenarios causing this wait?
  - I have read some describe the use of SQL savepoints or PL/pgSQL exception handling.
What are known resolution measures?

Thank you