Re: help with a procedure - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Carlos Carcamo
Subject Re: help with a procedure
Date
List pgsql-general

Hi everyone, I wonder if you could help me with a procedure that I would like to perform in postgresql.

I have an insert query like this:

INSERT INTO products (product_id, description, price, qty, ...) values ('01', 'some description', 10.15, 5, ...)

then if there is no problem, perform another query like:

INSERT INTO store(store_id, description, price, qty, ...) values ('02', 'some description', 10.15, 5, ...)

So the second query depends of the first query, if the first one succeed the second will perform the second insert

I would like to do something like:

SELECT myProcedure(product_id, p_description, price, qty, store_id, store_description );

waiting for a response from procedure, maybe true or false.

Thanks in advance...

--
"El desarrollo no es material es un estado de conciencia metal"

Sorry,  the second query looks like:
INSERT INTO store(store_id, description, product_id, price, qty, ...) values ('02', 'some description', '01', 10.15, 5, ...)

--
"El desarrollo no es material es un estado de conciencia metal"