Re: Update or Delete causes canceling of long running slave queries - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sameer Kumar
Subject Re: Update or Delete causes canceling of long running slave queries
Date
List pgsql-general

On Thu, 12 May 2016 21:56 Viswanath, <M.Viswanath16@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,
I have the following configurations.

On master:
autovacuum=off

Have you changed it recently or it has always been off? In case you changed it recently, a restart would be needed for this setting to take effect.

vacuum_defer_cleanup_age=0

On slave:
hot_standby_feedback = off
max_standby_streaming_delay = 30s

Now when I try to run a long query on slave and do some update or delete on
the table on master I am getting the following error.

ERROR:  canceling statement due to conflict with recovery
DETAIL:  User query might have needed to see row versions that must be
removed.

The error code was : 40001

I am not running vacuum manually and autovacuum is 'off'
What could possibly causing the conflict?

Please share mode details like version and standby DB conf etc.