Re: Override PostgreSQL internal functions - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Sameer Kumar
Subject Re: Override PostgreSQL internal functions
Date
List pgsql-novice

On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 9:42 AM, Vik Fearing <vik.fearing@dalibo.com> wrote:
Not nearly as much effort as what you're trying to do, but good luck.

Scanning the application code to add casting info could be a pain and I may not be sure if I have done that for all the function calls/string comparisons. Moreover I need to repeat this process from scratch for each customer/migration project.

Whereas if I have something handy (a set of override functions) I can do it easily for every project. Moreover, PostgreSQL has a very organized list of functions and decent documentation about arguments and return type. This makes my task easy for building this one time set of override function. :-)

David's solution is what I would have suggested had he not said it already.

Thanks both of you for your help and suggestions :-)

Best Regards,

Sameer Kumar | Database Consultant

ASHNIK PTE. LTD.

101 Cecil Street, #11-11 Tong Eng Building, Singapore 069533

M: +65 8110 0350  T: +65 6438 3504 | www.ashnik.com

icons

 Email patch

 This email may contain confidential, privileged or copyright material and is solely for the use of the intended recipient(s).

Attachment