Trigger Firing Order - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sameer Kumar
Subject Trigger Firing Order
Date
Re: Trigger Firing Order  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-general
Hi,

Is it possible for me to define the order in which triggers will be fired?

So far what I have understood from PostgreSQL documentation, in order to fire 2 triggers in sequence (say trigger1 and trigger2) on a table, I need to name them in that way.
But with certain packaged products who create their own triggers, I won't have control over this. Also, this could be an issue for me if I write business logic in triggers.

Any better way known to work in PostgreSQL?

Best Regards,
Sameer Kumar | Database Consultant
ASHNIK PTE. LTD.
101 Cecil Street, #11-11 Tong Eng Building, Singapore 069533
M : +65 8110 0350 T: +65 6438 3504 | www.ashnik.com
www.facebook.com/ashnikbiz | www.twitter.com/ashnikbiz

email patch

This email may contain confidential, privileged or copyright material and is solely for the use of the intended recipient(s).

Attachment