Re: Correct query to check streaming replication lag - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sameer Kumar
Subject Re: Correct query to check streaming replication lag
Date
Re: Correct query to check streaming replication lag  (Granthana Biswas <granthana@zedo.com>)
List pgsql-general

We are already using the following query:

SELECT CASE WHEN pg_last_xlog_receive_location(
) = pg_last_xlog_replay_location() THEN 0 ELSE EXTRACT (EPOCH FROM now() - pg_last_xact_replay_timestamp()) END AS log_delay;

This is (delay) not the correct thing to monitor.

We cannot use pg_xlog_location_diff as we use postgresql 9.1.

You can still use the other two methods I mentioned.

Regards
Sameer
Ashnik Pte Ltd, Singapore