Re: Critical failure of standby - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sameer Kumar
Subject Re: Critical failure of standby
Date
List pgsql-general

On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 1:10 PM James Sewell <james.sewell@jirotech.com> wrote:
Hey,

I understand that.

But a hot standby should always be ready to promote (given it originally caught up) right?

I think it's a moot point really as some sort of corruption has been introduced, the machines still won't wouldn't start after they could see the archive destination again.

Did you had a pending basebackup on the standby or a start backup (with no matching stop backup)?

Was there a crash/immediate shutdown on the standby during this network outage? Do you have full page writes/fsync disabled?

Cheers,

James Sewell,
Solutions Architect

Suite 112, Jones Bay Wharf, 26-32 Pirrama Road, Pyrmont NSW 2009