Re: Remote troubleshooting session connection? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sameer Kumar
Subject Re: Remote troubleshooting session connection?
Date
List pgsql-general

On Sat, Apr 5, 2014 at 6:41 AM, Jim Garrison <jim.garrison@nwea.org> wrote:
An ETL "job" runs inside its own transaction and consists of a series of queries that transform the data from staging tables to the destination tables.  If a failure occurs, the transaction rolls back so there's no "debris" left over -- which makes troubleshooting very difficult.

If you are loading huge amount of data then:

1) Committing every 10000 (or so) rows might make sense
2) Have you considered using COPY API in Postgres' JDBC?
3) Which version of PostgreSQL are you using? I guess 9.3 has a freeze option which might help you. I am not sure if the API supports it.

Best Regards,

Sameer Kumar | Database Consultant

ASHNIK PTE. LTD.

101 Cecil Street, #11-11 Tong Eng Building, Singapore 069533

M: +65 8110 0350  T: +65 6438 3504 | www.ashnik.com

icons

Email patch

This email may contain confidential, privileged or copyright material and is solely for the use of the intended recipient(s).

Attachment