Re: Need a "What's New in 9.4 Wiki Page" - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Sameer Kumar
Subject Re: Need a "What's New in 9.4 Wiki Page"
Date
List pgsql-advocacy

On Wed, May 7, 2014 at 3:13 PM, Gabriele Bartolini <gabriele.bartolini@2ndquadrant.it> wrote:
Ops

* Introduce replication slots
* Logical decoding
** Add new wal_level, logical, sufficient for logical decoding.
** Introduce logical decoding.
* pg_prewarm, a contrib module for prewarming relationd data.
* Add CREATE TABLESPACE ... WITH ... Options
* Add ALTER TABLESPACE ... MOVE command
* Add pg_stat_archiver statistics view.
* pg_basebackup: Add support for relocating tablespaces
* Allow BASE_BACKUP to be throttled
* Add recovery_target='immediate' option
* Allow time delayed standbys and recovery
* Add ALTER SYSTEM command to edit the server configuration file
* auto_explain: Add logging of trigger execution

  Any thoughts?

​I went through the wiki page (and I understand that it is WIP), I did not see Time Delayed Standby listed there:
I believe 9.4 will introduce a new recovery.conf parameter
recovery_min_apply_delay

​Am I missing something or the feature has been postponed? Or someone has this on ToDo list [ :-) ] ?

Best Regards,

Sameer Kumar | Database Consultant

ASHNIK PTE. LTD.

101 Cecil Street, #11-11 Tong Eng Building, Singapore 069533

M: +65 8110 0350  T: +65 6438 3504 | www.ashnik.com

icons

Email patch

This email may contain confidential, privileged or copyright material and is solely for the use of the intended recipient(s).

Attachment