Re: Need a "What's New in 9.4 Wiki Page" - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Need a "What's New in 9.4 Wiki Page"
Date
List pgsql-advocacy

On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 3:14 PM, Sameer Kumar <sameer.kumar@ashnik.com> wrote:
I went through the wiki page (and I understand that it is WIP), I did not see Time Delayed Standby listed there:
I believe 9.4 will introduce a new recovery.conf parameter
recovery_min_apply_delay

Am I missing something or the feature has been postponed? Or someone has this on ToDo list [ :-) ] ?

Nope, this feature has been committed for 9.4:
commit 36da3cfb457b77a55582f68208d815f11ac1399e
Author: Simon Riggs <simon@2ndQuadrant.com>
Date:   Thu Dec 12 10:53:20 2013 +0000

    Allow time delayed standbys and recovery

    Set min_recovery_apply_delay to force a delay in recovery apply for commit and
    restore point WAL records. Other records are replayed immediately. Delay is
    measured between WAL record time and local standby time.

    Robert Haas, Fabrízio de Royes Mello and Simon Riggs
    Detailed review by Mitsumasa Kondo

The wiki page is simply not really complete...
--
Michael