Re: HOT standby with ONLY WAL shipping? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sameer Kumar
Subject Re: HOT standby with ONLY WAL shipping?
Date
List pgsql-general

On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 1:01 AM, CS_DBA <cs_dba@consistentstate.com> wrote:
Is it possible to setup a hot standby based ONLY on WAL shipping and NOT use streaming replication?

If I am not wrong then what you are looking for is Archive Shipping​.
Any specific reason why you want to do that?

Anyways, you can use pg_receivexlog as well for setting up archives or for setting up a replica. But if you are trying to avoid some other issue w.r.t. streaming mechanism in PostgreSQL (which I assume will be very specific to your environment), then this may not be very helpful as pg_receivexlog too works on same streaming protocol and needs wal-sender processes.

Best Regards,

Sameer Kumar | Database Consultant

ASHNIK PTE. LTD.

101 Cecil Street, #11-11 Tong Eng Building, Singapore 069533

M: +65 8110 0350  T: +65 6438 3504 | www.ashnik.com

icons

Email patch

This email may contain confidential, privileged or copyright material and is solely for the use of the intended recipient(s).

Attachment