Re: BUG #18171: Dropping an index on a partitioned table drops all child indices even with a restrict - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Nicholas Dujay
Subject Re: BUG #18171: Dropping an index on a partitioned table drops all child indices even with a restrict
Date
In response to Re: BUG #18171: Dropping an index on a partitioned table drops all child indices even with a restrict  ("David G. Johnston" <david.g.johnston@gmail.com>)
Responses Re: BUG #18171: Dropping an index on a partitioned table drops all child indices even with a restrict  ("David G. Johnston" <david.g.johnston@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-bugs
I first observed this on a production system running 15.3. I've re-run the tests on 15.4 locally and produced the same result.

I realize in my original email that I didn't put restrict, so I've added restrict and confirmed that the child indices are dropped.

postgres=# drop index parent_id_index restrict;
DROP INDEX

Would you consider this an unimplemented feature then, instead of a bug? If so, i'll repost in general.