Re: BUG #8168: duplicated function signature - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Vladimir Jovanovic
Subject Re: BUG #8168: duplicated function signature
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hi Heikki,

Here you can find attached .csv semicolon separated made by :"SELECT * FROM pg_proc WHERE proname LIKE 'sp_get_league_prediction".
"\df sp_get_league_prediction" is also attached.

Both functions are returning the same setof record:

---------------------------
CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION sp_get_league_prediction(IN _id bigint, IN _rank integer, IN _log_in_expectence double precision, IN _feathers_gained integer, IN _tokens_all integer, IN _tokens_active integer, IN _score integer)
  RETURNS SETOF record AS
$BODY$
---------------------------
CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION sp_get_league_prediction(_id bigint, _rank integer, _log_in_expectence double precision, _feathers_gained integer, _tokens_all integer, _tokens_active integer, _score integer)
  RETURNS SETOF record AS
$BODY$

I noticed that I have two functions with the same signature.

sp_get_league_prediction(IN _id bigint, IN _rank integer, IN
_log_in_expectence double precision, IN _feathers_gained integer, IN
_tokens_all integer, IN _tokens_active integer, IN _score integer)

sp_get_league_prediction(_id bigint, _rank integer, _log_in_expectence
double precision, _feathers_gained integer, _tokens_all integer,
_tokens_active integer, _score integer)

In addition to higher-level checks, there is a unique index in the pg_proc catalog that should not let that happen, so to be honest, I find that hard to believe. Are you 100% they have the same signature? Are they in different schemas, perhaps? In psql, what does "\df sp_get_league_prediction" return?

- Heikki

--

Vladimir Jovanović

http://www.aparteko.com

CELL: +381 64 211 79 79

OFFICE: + 381 11 314 86 38

E-MAIL: vladimir.jovanovic@aparteko.com

setting standards in social gaming development

Attachment