Re: More efficient RI checks - take 2 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Corey Huinker
Subject Re: More efficient RI checks - take 2
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 22, 2020 at 2:36 PM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
Hi,

On 2020-04-22 13:46:22 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 22, 2020 at 1:18 PM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> > Well, I was actually thinking in building ready-made execution trees,
> > bypassing the planner altogether.  But apparently no one thinks that
> > this is a good idea, and we don't have any code that does that already,
> > so maybe it's not a great idea.

I was commenting on what I understood Corey to say, but was fairly
unclear about it. But I'm also far from sure that I understood Corey
correctly...

I was unclear because, even after my failed foray into statement level triggers for RI checks, I'm still pretty inexperienced in this area.

I'm just happy that it's being discussed.