Re: Thoughts on using Text::Template for our autogenerated code? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Corey Huinker
Subject Re: Thoughts on using Text::Template for our autogenerated code?
Date
Re: Thoughts on using Text::Template for our autogenerated code?  (John Naylor <john.naylor@enterprisedb.com>)
List pgsql-hackers

I don't think that's remotely a starter. Asking people to install an old and possibly buggy version of a perl module is not something we should do.

I think the barrier for this is pretty high. I try to keep module requirements for the buildfarm client pretty minimal, and this could affect a much larger group of people.

Those are good reasons.

For those who already responded, are your concerns limited to the dependency issue? Would you have concerns about a templating library that was developed by us and included in-tree? I'm not suggesting suggesting we write one at this time, at least not until after we make a here-doc-ing pass first, but I want to understand the concerns before embarking on any refactoring.