Re: Add SHELL_EXIT_CODE to psql - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Corey Huinker
Subject Re: Add SHELL_EXIT_CODE to psql
Date
Re: Add SHELL_EXIT_CODE to psql  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Mar 21, 2023 at 3:33 PM Corey Huinker <corey.huinker@gmail.com> wrote:

As you had it, any nonzero result would prevent backtick substitution.
I'm not really sure how much thought went into the existing behavior,
but I am pretty sure that it's not part of this patch's charter to
change that.

                        regards, tom lane

 The changes all make sense, thanks!

This is a follow up patch to apply the committed pattern to the various piped output commands.

I spotted this oversight in the https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CADkLM=dMG6AAWfeKvGnKOzz1O7ZNctFR1BzAA3K7-+XQxff=4Q@mail.gmail.com thread and, whether or not that feature gets in, we should probably apply it to output pipes as well.

Attachment