Re: [HACKERS] \if, \elseif, \else, \endif (was Re: PSQL commands:\quit_if, \quit_unless) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Corey Huinker
Subject Re: [HACKERS] \if, \elseif, \else, \endif (was Re: PSQL commands:\quit_if, \quit_unless)
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> \set x 'arg1 arg2'

> \if false
>     \cmd_that_takes_exactly_two_args :x
> \endif

Yeah, throwing errors for bad arguments would also need to be suppressed.

                        regards, tom lane

Ok, barring other feedback, I'm going to take my marching orders as "make each slash command active-aware". To keep that sane, I'm probably going to break out each slash command family into it's own static function.