Re: Add A Glossary - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Corey Huinker
Subject Re: Add A Glossary
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Jürgen mentioned off-list that the man page doesn't build. I was going to look into that, but if anyone has more familiarity with that, I'm listening.

Looking at this some more, I'm not sure anything needs to be done for man pages. man1 is for executables, man3 seems to be dblink and SPI, and man7 is all SQL commands. This isn't any of those. The only possible thing left would be how to render the text of a <glossterm>foo</glossterm, and so I looked to see what we do in man pages for acronyms, and the answer appears to be "nothing":

postgres/doc/src$ git grep acronym | grep -v '\/acronym'
sgml/filelist.sgml:<!ENTITY acronyms   SYSTEM "acronyms.sgml">
sgml/postgres.sgml:  &acronyms;
sgml/stylesheet.css:acronym { font-style: inherit; }

filelist.sgml, postgres.sgml, ans stylesheet.css already have the corresponding change, and the release.sgml is just an incidental mention of acronym.

Of course I could be missing something.