Re: Need help in making the schema name case insensitive. - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Naveen Kumar
Subject Re: Need help in making the schema name case insensitive.
Date
List pgsql-admin
No need to drop and create. You can
ALTER SCHEMA name RENAME TO new_name

Regards,

On Dec 7, 2017 4:48 PM, "Mayank Gupta - Network" <gupta_mayank2@network.lilly.com> wrote:

Hello Team,

We need your assistance in below scenario.

Scenario: We have a case sensitive schema name (e.g “Schema_Name”), due to this reason we have to put schema name in double quotes. Now, we have to connect the postgreSQL server via “informatica on cloud”. For the connection from informatica to Postgress we are using JDBC connection.

Problem: While connecting to the server via JDBC connection, “Informatica on cloud” do not take case sensitive schema names due to which we are not able to fetchtables from the schema. Could you please suggest any alternative solution that can either give non-case sensitive alias to our case sensitive schema or how to make our schema case insensitive.

Note: The existing schema is old schema so we don’t have the option to drop and re-create new schema.

Regards,

Mayank