initdb fail to execute - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Jinu K J
Subject initdb fail to execute
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hi,
We are trying install postgresql 9.2.3 version for windows xp.
Below issue happen only for this particular PC.
Other windows XP installations are ok.

Here initdb command failed mentioning that , it is able to find postgres ,
but version mismatched.
Below code print this.
--->
postgresql-9.2.3\src\bin\initdb\initdb.c
line 2884 :
    if ((ret = find_other_exec(argv[0], "postgres", PG_BACKEND_VERSIONSTR,
                               backend_exec)) < 0)
    {
        char        full_path[MAXPGPATH];

        if (find_my_exec(argv[0], full_path) < 0)
            strlcpy(full_path, progname, sizeof(full_path));

        if (ret == -1)
            fprintf(stderr,
                    _("The program \"postgres\" is needed by %s "
                      "but was not found in the\n"
                      "same directory as \"%s\".\n"
                      "Check your installation.\n"),
                    progname, full_path);
        else
*            fprintf(stderr,
                    _("The program \"postgres\" was found by \"%s\"\n"
                      "but was not the same version as %s.\n"
                      "Check your installation.\n"),
                    full_path, progname);*
        exit(1);
    }
----->

We compared the versions of both initdb.exe and postgres.exe using -V
option.
Both print 9.2.3.

Also data folder is not created.
Please let me know whether it is due to some issue with user permissions ??

Please let me know what can be the reason for this issue.

Thanks,
Jinu