Re: Patch: Implement failover on libpq connect level. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mithun Cy
Subject Re: Patch: Implement failover on libpq connect level.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 1:37 PM, Tsunakawa, Takayuki <tsunakawa.takay@jp.fujitsu.com> wrote:
 > No, there's no concern about compatibility.  Please look at this:
Thanks, my concern is suppose you have 3 server in cluster A(new version), B(new version), C(old version). If we implement as above only new servers will send ParameterStatus message to indicate what type of server we are connected. Server C will not send same. So we will not be able to use new feature "failover to new master" for such a kind of cluster.

--
Thanks and Regards
Mithun C Y