Re: [HACKERS] Proposal : For Auto-Prewarm. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mithun Cy
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Proposal : For Auto-Prewarm.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Feb 7, 2017 at 6:11 PM, Beena Emerson <memissemerson@gmail.com> wrote:
>  Yes it would be better to have only one pg_prewarm worker as the loader is
> idle for the entire server run time after the initial load activity of few
> secs.
Sorry, that is again a bug in the code. The code to handle SIGUSR1
somehow got deleted before I submitted patch_03 and I failed to notice
same.
As in the code loader bgworker is waiting on the latch to know the
status of dump bgworker. Actually, the loader bgworker should exit
right after launching the dump bgworker. I will try to fix this and
other comments given by you in my next patch.

--
Thanks and Regards
Mithun C Y