Re: Proposal : For Auto-Prewarm. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mithun Cy
Subject Re: Proposal : For Auto-Prewarm.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Mar 25, 2017 at 11:46 PM, Peter Eisentraut
> On 3/13/17 09:15, Mithun Cy wrote:
>> A. launch_autoprewarm_dump() RETURNS int4
>> This is a SQL callable function to launch the autoprewarm worker to
>> dump the buffer pool information at regular interval. In a server, we
>> can only run one autoprewarm worker so if a worker sees another
>> existing worker it will exit immediately. The return value is pid of
>> the worker which has been launched.
>
> Why do you need that?

To launch an autoprewarm worker we have to preload the liberary which
need a server restart. If we want to start periodic dumping on an
already running server so that it can automatically prewarm on its
next restart, this API can be used to launch the autoprewarm.

--
Thanks and Regards
Mithun C Y