Re: ignore tablespace in schema definition queries - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mark Johnson
Subject Re: ignore tablespace in schema definition queries
Date
List pgsql-general
The solution depends on how you are creating the tables.

For example: the pg_restore has option  —-no-tablespaces. With this option, all objects will be created in whichever tablespace is the default during restore.  The pg_dump has similar.

If you are running CREATE TABLE statements that have hard-coded tablespaces, then maybe pass your scripts through the sed or awk utility to replace the name with pg_default just prior to execution.

Or, go ahead and create all possible tablespaces before running the CREATE TABLE statements since each tablespace is just metadata not files like in Oracle or SQL Server.