Re: Extract transactions from wals ?? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Marc Millas
Subject Re: Extract transactions from wals ??
Date
List pgsql-general
Yes !

We are looking for something providing a functionnality  similar to Oracle's :-)
Through PITR or a tool or extension around wals.
Still, as wals are containing enough info for replication to work,
It should be possible to extract from wals a list of objects that have been written, and elements about what was written.
OS files written and position should be enough to provide this.

Something ?

thanks,

Marc MILLAS
Senior Architect
+33607850334

On Fri, Nov 22, 2019 at 11:02 AM Ganesh Korde <ganeshakorde@gmail.com> wrote:
I think he wants to see data from different tables at different timestamp (like flashback query in Oracle). As per my understanding question here is can PITR be done for specific table and for specific timestamp.

On Fri, Nov 22, 2019 at 2:37 PM Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at> wrote:
On Thu, 2019-11-21 at 17:35 +0100, Marc Millas wrote:
> I was writing select from ""table"" as a template. We have to do this for a bunch of tables.
> So, to my understanding, what you suggest is to PITR up to the first timestamp,
> extract all meaningfull tables, and then pitr to the second timestamp
> so as to be able to script a kind of "diff" between the 2 to get what I want.

Sure, you can do that.

The description of what you wanted to do was rather unclear, all I could
make out is that you want to query AS OF TIMESTAMP.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe