Re: locks within select - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Marc Millas
Subject Re: locks within select
Date
List pgsql-general
Excellent !
thanks a lot, it was exactly what I was looking for.

Marc MILLAS
Senior Architect
+33607850334

On Tue, Dec 14, 2021 at 6:14 PM Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at> wrote:
On Tue, 2021-12-14 at 13:38 +0100, Marc Millas wrote:
> but... when you do setup a streaming replication, there is, in postgresql.conf, a variable:
> max_standby_streaming_delay = 30s # max delay before canceling queries when reading streaming WAL;
>
> as the secondary is, by nature, read only, I was wondering why it can be necessary to cancel a read request...

Perhaps this can explain some of what is going on:

https://www.cybertec-postgresql.com/en/streaming-replication-conflicts-in-postgresql/

Yours,
Laurenz Albe