storage in mem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Marc Millas
Subject storage in mem
Date
List pgsql-general

too my understanding, postgres is now architected so that engine and storage are ""splited""
and so one may think that storage code  different that the traditional postgres thing is possible.
I have heard of oracle like redo log things, ..etc

I wonder if a memory  thing is on the way, somewhere ?

The why (1) of this question:
its quite easy, nowadays to find blades with 2 TB of RAM. (or even much more !)

and, to my understanding (correct me if I am wrong !) postgres shared buffers are  not really efficient with "some" Terabyte of allocated space.

The why (2) I may have to do a POC with Sap HANA on one side and postgres on the other
on machines with a lot of RAM.
so...
can someone shade some light ?

thanks,