Re: Unable to `make install` on MacOS in the latest master (68a13f28be) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Alsup
Subject Re: Unable to `make install` on MacOS in the latest master (68a13f28be)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> As a general rule, it's wise to do "make distclean" before "git pull"
> when you're tracking master.  This saves a lot of grief when someone
> rearranges the set of generated files, as happened here.  (If things
> are really messed up, you might need "git clean -dfx" to get rid of
> everything not in git.)
>
> You might worry that this will greatly increase the rebuild time,
> which it will if you don't take precautions.  The way to fix that
> is (1) use ccache and (2) set the configure script to use a cache
> file.
>
>                         regards, tom lane

Tom and Daniel,

Thanks for the help on "make distclean". That did the trick. I will be
more careful when pulling master. Somehow, I hadn't been hit with this
before, which was just dumb luck. Thanks for helping me out.

-- Andy