Re: How can I include sql file in pgTAP unittest? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Stéphane Klein
Subject Re: How can I include sql file in pgTAP unittest?
Date
List pgsql-general

On 03/02/2018 01:17 AM, Stéphane Klein wrote:
Hi,

context: I would like to write UnitTest to test pgSQL triggers which use postgres_fdw extension.
I use pgTAP <http://pgtap.org/> to write this UnitTest (I use this Docker environment poc-postgresql-pgTAP <https://github.com/harobed/poc-postgresql-pgTAP>).

All works perfectly with this test file:

BEGIN;
   SELECT plan(1);

   CREATE EXTENSION IF NOT EXISTS postgres_fdw;
   DROP SERVER IF EXISTS db2 CASCADE;
   CREATE SERVER kea FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER postgres_fdw OPTIONS (host 'db2', dbname 'db2');
   CREATE USER MAPPING FOR USER SERVER db2 OPTIONS (user 'db2', password 'password');

   CREATE SCHEMA IF NOT EXISTS db2;

   IMPORT FOREIGN SCHEMA public FROM SERVER db2 INTO db2;

   SELECT ok(
     (SELECT COUNT(host_id) FROM db2.hosts) = 1,
     'foobar'
   );

   -- ;
ROLLBACK;

Now, I would like to extract db2 initialization in separate file "/test/init.sql" with this content:

   CREATE EXTENSION IF NOT EXISTS postgres_fdw;
   DROP SERVER IF EXISTS db2 CASCADE;
   CREATE SERVER kea FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER postgres_fdw OPTIONS (host 'db2', dbname 'db2');
   CREATE USER MAPPING FOR USER SERVER db2 OPTIONS (user 'db2', password 'password');

   CREATE SCHEMA IF NOT EXISTS db2;

   IMPORT FOREIGN SCHEMA public FROM SERVER db2 INTO db2;

Now, my test file is:

BEGIN;
   SELECT plan(1);

   \i /test/init.sql

   SELECT ok(
     (SELECT COUNT(host_id) FROM db2.hosts) = 1,
     'foobar'
   );

In log I see that "init.sql" file is loaded with success:

Running tests: /test/*.sql -v
/test/init.sql ................... No subtests run

But I have this error:

ERROR:  user mapping not found for "db2"

Question: where is my mistake? How can I include some sql file in my test?

It is early morning here and I may be missing something, but I do not see where you actually create server db2. I do see you creating server kea.

Sorry, it is not kea but db2 in my example. I did a mistake when I replace the db name in my example.

You need to read:

  CREATE EXTENSION IF NOT EXISTS postgres_fdw;
  DROP SERVER IF EXISTS db2 CASCADE;
  CREATE SERVER db2 FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER postgres_fdw OPTIONS (host 'db2', dbname 'db2');