Re: systemd service files vs. postgresql9x-setup - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-yum

From Strahinja Kustudić
Subject Re: systemd service files vs. postgresql9x-setup
Date
List pgsql-pkg-yum
I propose the same patch with a modification to work with spaces in the path, since systemctl prints spaces as '\x20', so we just needed one more sed to replace that with a space.

Would also like to see this fixed in the next minor release, since it makes it really hard to change PGDATA the correct way, which is by droping a .conf file into /etc/systemd/system/postgresql-9.x.service.d/ directory.

Also would be really cool if the postgres rpm created the /etc/systemd/system/postgresql-9.x.service.d/ directory, but it's not that important as the setup scripts working correctly.

Strahinja Kustudić

On Fri, Mar 11, 2016 at 1:01 PM, Bernd Helmle <mailings@oopsware.de> wrote:

--On 18. September 2015 16:48:09 +0300 Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim@gunduz.org>
wrote:

> First of all: Thanks for the patch!
>
> The next set of new minor releases are due in a few weeks. I think we
> can apply this patch then.
>
> (We need a issue tracker!)

Hmm, i've totally forgotten that. I see that it's not committed yet, so i
just go forward and ask if there's something missing we need to address?

--
Thanks

        Bernd