Re: Complicated re-distribution of pgjdbc the "open source way" - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Dave Cramer
Subject Re: Complicated re-distribution of pgjdbc the "open source way"
Date
Re: Complicated re-distribution of pgjdbc the "open source way"  (Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov.vladimir@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-jdbc

On 7 March 2016 at 10:12, Pavel Raiskup <praiskup@redhat.com> wrote:
Hi Dave,

On Monday 07 of March 2016 09:31:10 Dave Cramer wrote:
> There is a far simpler way to do this.
>
> Simply create a Makefile, or ant build.xml, which I imagine you will have
> to do anyway, and do not include the bits of the code you don't want.
>
> I'd be glad to include it in the source with the assumption that you
> maintain it.

* we were rather thinking about keeping the pom.xml as original as
  possible, Makefile would be additional divergence and work when pom.xml
  works fine
You are still stuck with Maven this way. I guess that is not an issue.

* the process requires patching out some code using not-acceptable
  dependencies, as this is the cheapest way to deal with most of the
  issues for us downstream -- and we already do it to some extent

It really just requires not including some source files.

* having parent-poms packaged separately just complicates the build from
  source, so while we are on it in separate fork, we could merge it into
  pgjdbc-foss

Yes well you are only building one version. We have to build 3!

Makefile or ant file would probably not lower the burden of
re-distribution and build from source.  Any thoughts?  But yes, we can
help with maintenance.
we used to use ant. Since you are only building one version it seems rather simple to me.
But I am only providing a suggestion, it is the packagers that will have to do the work, so
you should do what makes sense to you.

Pavel