Re: [JDBC] How not to use JDBC (JDBC Performance Scale 15x presentation) - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Dave Cramer
Subject Re: [JDBC] How not to use JDBC (JDBC Performance Scale 15x presentation)
Date
List pgsql-jdbc

On 16 March 2017 at 04:57, Stefan Lindner <stefan.lindner@visionet.de> wrote:

Dave,

I’ve tested both alternatives: setting within JDBC url and with <connection-properties> and both seem to work

Thanks!

But the documentation Christian Bjørnbak pointed to (https://jdbc.postgresql.org/documentation/94/connect.html) states

„The default is zero, meaning that in ResultSet will be fetch all rows at once“

So doing nothing should lead to maximum performance.

No,  well, can also lead to out of memory errors, and I also suspect there is still a sweet spot.

Remember fetching all the rows at once will not return right away, so the user may experience a lag when the fetch is occurring if it is large.

Stefan