Re: BUG #16960: Illegal reflective access operation - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Dave Cramer
Subject Re: BUG #16960: Illegal reflective access operation
Date
List pgsql-bugs

On Mon, 12 Apr 2021 at 16:30, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> I connected my Postgresql server to my Eclipse IDE and this warning popped
> up:
> WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
> WARNING: Illegal reflective access by org.postgresql.jdbc.TimestampUtils
> (file:/C:/Users/LanChi/Desktop/PubHub-StarterKit/WebContent/WEB-INF/lib/postgresql-42.1.1.jar)
> to field java.util.TimeZone.defaultTimeZone
> WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of
> org.postgresql.jdbc.TimestampUtils

> I am not sure if this is the right place to report this bug,

No, this list is just for reporting problems in the Postgres server
proper.  I'd suggest reporting it to the pgsql-jdbc mailing list.

                        regards, tom lane

The current version of JDBC is now 42.2.20. I would suggest you start by upgrading to the latest version of the driver.

It would also be useful if you provided the version of JAVA you are using. To be honest I'm not sure if we have fixed this or not, but I cannot even begin to investigate it without this information.

Dave