Re: Working toward a JTA 1.0.1 Compliant XADataSource - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Dave Cramer
Subject Re: Working toward a JTA 1.0.1 Compliant XADataSource
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Yes, moving everything to src will not work for the project.

Dave

Dave Cramer

dave.cramer(at)credativ(dot)ca
http://www.credativ.ca

On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 3:48 PM, Bryan Varner <bvarner@polarislabs.com> wrote:
Since it's been nearly two weeks since my first message, I thought I'd send an update on where we are with our XA reimplementation.

Our production environment (GlassFish) is standing on it's own two feet with our XA implementation.
https://github.com/polarislabs/pgjdbc/tree/POLARIS_XA

We're seeing decent performance and (mostly) reliable operation.

We're hammering out a few obscure race condition bugs with regards to threaded invocations of shared XAResources & the connection handle usage. I expect we'll have these fixed and in our github repo by Monday.

We are passing all the existing XA pgjdbc tests, as well as the expanded ones we've produced. The driver operates with and without interleaving (you can disable the extra physical connection allocation with a property).

Our XA implementation also passes the JBoss TM (version 4.17) JDBC (XA mode!) test suite.
https://github.com/jbosstm/narayana/tree/4.17

I know there were some complaints earlier in the thread that we moved all the source code into a 'src' directory. We did this to support IDE environments which don't like having the source folder be the same as the root of the project (NetBeans comes to mind). We also fixed the build.xml to _completely_ respect the property it already had for the source directory location.

If the src directory and build changes are going to be an obstacle to getting this work accepted upstream, now would be a good time to tell me.

If there's no hope of having this accepted upstream, now would be a good time to tell me.

Again, I invite anyone to suggest changes, test it out, and report back what you find.

Regards,
-Bryan Varner

Senior Developer
POLARIS Laboratories