Re: Local User Groups - advocacy - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Dave Cramer
Subject Re: Local User Groups - advocacy
Date
List pgsql-advocacy

Dave Cramer
www.postgres.rocks

On Tue, 10 Mar 2020 at 22:33, Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org> wrote:
On 3/10/20 8:06 PM, Justin Clift wrote:
> Seems like a worthwhile attempt, worthy of trying out and seeing how it
> goes
> if nothing else. :)
>
> + Justin
>

> On 2020-03-03 21:24, Valeria Kaplan wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I think my email (below) fell between the cracks, but we still need to
>> address the issue of not having any information about setting up and
>> running meetups on postgres.org, so if there are no comments about the
>> updated
>> wiki page text
>> <https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/UserGroupOperatingManual>(see
>> my email below) I'd suggest that myself and Johnathan (if you have time,
>> Johnathan) finalise it and add it to the website to keep the ball
>> rolling.

Sorry, missed this during travel and forgot to circle back.

Certainly +1 to moving it forward. I have a few content tweaks queued up
to do, next week likely better to push a bunch of changes through to the
website.

I skimmed through the notes -- they look way more organized. I think it
will be a very helpful resource!

Jonathan

Valeria,

Great work! Thanks for doing this.  I read through it and have some possible edits.

Possibly change this to "if you need funds... "

Please consider your local specifics and popular platforms in your geography
change to "in your area"

 it is successful if the focus is on its audience and the narrower your focus is the better your meetup will run and the stronger community you will create

It took me a bit to grok the sentence above. Does this work ?

To be successful, focus on the audience. The narrower your focus, the better your meetup will run; resulting in a stronger community

Regards,

Dave