Re: BUG #18335: JDBC Postgress Kerberos authentication does'nt work without JAAS - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Dave Cramer
Subject Re: BUG #18335: JDBC Postgress Kerberos authentication does'nt work without JAAS
Date
List pgsql-bugs

On Tue, 6 Feb 2024 at 04:33, PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:

Bug reference:      18335
Logged by:          Anu K
Email address:      anushaumapathi@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 16.0
Operating system:   Windows

Hello,

I need to connect to Postgres through a JDBC connection in Kerberos mode.
This is successful only using the JAAS configuration file. Is there way
without using the JAAS conf file I can set
this property in the program that are listed in JAAS conf file.
My required is not to profile the static JAAS file instead I need to send
the properties.
The tickecache and just the login module?
            properties.setProperty("cache",
"C:\\temp\\postgresk\\krb5cache");
            properties.setProperty("loginmodule",
"com.sun.security.auth.module.Krb5LoginModule");
pgjdbc {
    com.sun.security.auth.module.Krb5LoginModule required
    debug=true
    refreshKrb5Config=true
    doNotPrompt=true
    useTicketCache=true
    useKeyTab=false
    client=true
    ticketCache="C:\\temp\\postgresk\\krb5cache";
};

As far as I know that is the only way to use JAAS on windows.

Dave