Re: Startup parameters timezone conversion - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Dave Cramer
Subject Re: Startup parameters timezone conversion
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
I have to admit to being unable to explain this as well.

Dave Cramer
www.postgres.rocks

On Wed, 19 Jan 2022 at 08:22, Leonid Vygovskiy <Leonid.Vygovskiy@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all!

I study how to work with the timezone in JDBC driver and found the code which I don't understand.
This is implementation of the method ConnectionFactoryImpl.createPostgresTimeZone() which has the comment:" Convert Java time zone to postgres time zone. All others stay the same except that GMT+n  changes to GMT-nn and vise versa."

I'm confused with that changing. Can anybody talk about the reasons and motives of this behavior?

BR, Leonid Vygovskiy