Re: Postgresql JDBC process consumes more memory with partition tables update delete - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Dave Cramer
Subject Re: Postgresql JDBC process consumes more memory with partition tables update delete
Date
List pgsql-jdbc

On Thu, 8 Sept 2022 at 04:36, James Pang (chaolpan) <chaolpan@cisco.com> wrote:

Please check attached.  Removed some dbname and tablename , the interesting thing is we only see this issue by JDBC driver client, for psql client , only 25MB memory and similar SQL plan used.

Thanks,

James

From: Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov.vladimir@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 8, 2022 3:05 PM
To: James Pang (chaolpan) <chaolpan@cisco.com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc@lists.postgresql.org
Subject: Re: Postgresql JDBC process consumes more memory with partition tables update delete

> > Yesterday, when workload test, a lot of Postgresql JDBC connections
> > use 150-160MB memory , so we got ERROR: out of memory

Would you please share a reproducer? (e.g. DDL for the table, test code)

Have you tried capturing memory context information for the backend that consumes memory?

I'd like to see the actual statement for each. Can you turn on log all statements in the back end and capture the actual statement for psql and jdbc ?

Dave Cramer
www.postgres.rocks