Re: Slow performance updating CLOB data - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Dave Cramer
Subject Re: Slow performance updating CLOB data
Date
List pgsql-jdbc

On 18 July 2016 at 06:27, Nicola Zanaga <NZanaga@efsw.it> wrote:
Thanks for the quick replies.

I'm using updateable resultset only to update CLOB data.
My application uses many databases. This method can be used with many driver (I think this is the "standard"  mode to update CLOB data).

I took a look at the code in PgResultSet, and I think the driver will be slow with any operation on updateable resultset, because it will always call " isUpdateable()" to do any operation.
So, in my opinion, this makes updateable resultset quite useless

Well all drivers have to do something similar. Not all result sets are updatable. What do other drivers do ?