Re: MoveToInsertRow on a table without a primary key - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Dave Cramer
Subject Re: MoveToInsertRow on a table without a primary key
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Pretty sure a primary key is a pre-requisite for an updatable result set.

Dave Cramer

dave.cramer(at)credativ(dot)ca
http://www.credativ.ca

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 9:03 AM,  <patrick.balleux@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have a table in a database that does not have a primary key.  In the process of migrating data from Oracle to
Postgres,I am using ResultSets to populate the Postgres tables.

> Basically, all is working well except for tables that do not have a primary key.  When I reach the "movetoinsertrow"
instructionin my code, the jdbc driver raises an exception about the missing primary key.

> The workaround would be to add a temporary primary key to such table, but I want to avoid that.  I did the same test
withHSQLDB and it works.  To me, it seems like a bug.